February 18, 2015
5 Apple Secrets You Don’t Want Your Kids to Know…
Delicious, caramel goodness with a fresh crunch…
Fond memories at your favorite carnival, beachside resort or apple orchard…
A sweet treat on a stick…
These are just a few of the things people tend to think of when they bite into a caramel apple. But did you know that…
Shhh. Don’t tell your kids. You and your entire family can enjoy a delicious, caramel apple and feel good about it.
Caramel contains minimal fat, no saturated fat and no cholesterol. In fact, a caramel apple actually has about the same amount of sugar you would get if you ate a six-ounce serving of strawberry-flavored yogurt.
Plus, eating a crisp, raw apple helps clean your mouth and teeth too! And these are just a few of the healthy benefits of eating a caramel apple…
5 Healthy Secrets about Caramel Apples
- No matter your age, everyone likes to eat food on a stick. And caramel apples offer protein, very little total fat and only 160 calories or less in a three-ounce serving.
- Caramel apples contain antioxidant phytonutrients which help fight the damaging effects of bad cholesterol. According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine, “apples are a widely consumed, rich source of phytochemicals, and epidemiological studies have linked the consumption of apples with reduced risk of some cancers, cardiovascular disease, asthma, and diabetes.”
- When you eat one of our caramel apples, you get as much dietary fiber as a bowl of bran cereal. And that’s about one-fifth of the recommended daily intake of fiber.
- Caramel apples contain the essential, trace element, boron. “The flesh of an apple contains the trace mineral boron, which helps keep energy levels high and also appears to curb calcium loss that can lead to the bone thinning disease osteoporosis,” states The Daily Mail’s article entitled, “How an apple a day can keep illness at bay.”
- You can give your body a longer, more even energy boost with the complex carbohydrates found in caramel apples.
Who knew this yummy snack was actually a healthy choice?
These are just a few of the healthy benefits of eating a caramel apple. And there is one we didn’t mention that we think is the most important of all… the happiness you get from biting into this delicious treat and creating memories with your family and friends!
When was the last time you ate a caramel apple? Isn’t it about time you gave your body a dose of healthy happiness?
What’s your favorite thing about eating a caramel apples? Please let us know on Twitter or Facebook.
And to learn more about our healthy, safe caramel apples, click here.